DESCRIPTION of Software Development Engineer in Amazon
The International Seller Growth Team’s mission is to set our worldwide Sellers up for success across our global Marketplaces. We deliver needle-moving initiatives which provide a seamless experience to Amazon Sellers at each step of the Seller journey. We enable Sellers across the world to list millions of products at scale across multiple categories and dozens of languages in our global Marketplaces. This includes automatically mapping Seller product information to the Amazon namespace and automating complex decision making (like Product Classification in our Catalog) on the Seller’s behalf. We provide Sellers with strategic selling recommendations based on hybrid demand signals (like high-value products they should start selling in additional Marketplaces).
We partner with Amazon Business to build best-in-class solutions that allow B2B Sellers to reach a wide customer base and drive billions of dollars in revenue. We continuously improve the state of the existing catalog created by Amazon Sellers through smart solutions that automatically identify and fix defects using self-learning heuristics leveraging textual and image-based signals. And more…
Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon with more than half of all items currently sold originating from 3rd party Sellers. In this team you'll be using cutting edge technologies to build highly distributed systems for our Sellers around the world. You’ll learn and use the latest technology frameworks such as AWS and Machine Learning. You will join a highly technical and entrepreneurial culture defining and building a selling experience to complement Amazon's world-class e-commerce buying experience. Software Development Engineer in Amazon.
As we take bold bets on challenging problems, you will have autonomy to deliver projects from inception to deployment and beyond.
We are looking for Sr software engineers with a strong sense of ownership and a passion for delivering large-scale solutions for complex problems. Successful candidates must also be innovative, flexible, self-directed and able to design and write high-performance, reliable and maintainable code. The ability to function with a broad understanding of business in a fast paced environment along with a team of talented engineers is essential. If you thrive in such an environment, we’d love to talk to you!
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS Software Development Engineer in Amazon
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
· 5+ years of software development experience in the industry
· Experience in developing large-scale distributed systems
· In-depth knowledge and fluency in a high-level programming language such as Java or C/C++
· Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design and concepts
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proficient with Web technologies and development of large-scale multi-tiered distributed systems
· Experience with all phases of development, including design, implementation, and operation of production systems
· Familiar with Machine Learning
· Experience developing software in a Linux environment
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience