SET Examinations in Assam 2020 In order to maintain a uniform standard of graduate and post graduate teaching through-out the country, the Government of India through its notification in 1988 stated that only those candidates would be considered eligible for a post of Asst. Professor, who besides fulfilling the minimum academic qualifications for it, also qualify in comprehensive test, National Eligibility Test (NET), to be conducted for the purpose. Accordingly the University Grants Commission (UGC) has been conducting the eligibility Test for Asst. Professor on Humanities and Social Science subjects. The council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has been conducting the eligibility test for lecturership in the Science subjects.
UGC simultaneously asked the Govt. of the States and Union Territories about their option to conduct their own test or alternatively adopt the UGC-CSIR test. In case they opt to conduct a test equivalent to UGC-CSIR then these should be accredited by the UGC. In response to this, many States opted to conduct their own test i.e. State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) for Asst. Professor. Similarly a proposal was put forward for constituting the North East State Level Eligibility Test (NESLET) on 26-6-2000 to conduct such a test for the aspirant candidates of the North Eastern Region. It was subsequently constituted as SLET Commission Assam (N.E. Region). The name of the Test has again been modified as SET (STATE ELIGIBILITY TEST).
Those candidates who are Only Interested and educationally and another requirement qualification has been fulfilled. This Candidate must apply through the Application details given below, Before applying please verify. the job details from the official website and job notification Full details are given below For SET Examinations in Assam 2020
Qualification, Eligibility, and Age Limit & Relaxation:
- Any Indian National who have secured atleast 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master Degree or equivalent examination from Universities/institutions recognised by UGC. However the scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Person with Disability (PWD) Category, the Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer who have secured atleast 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master degree or equivalent examination are eligible to appear in the Test.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the final qualifying Master degree (final year) examination and result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examination have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of pass certificate only after they have passed the Master degree examination or equivalent examination with atleast 55% marks in case of unreserved category and atleast 50% marks in case of OBC (Non-creamy layer), SC/ST/PWD category candidates. Such candidates must obtain Master Degree within 2 (two) years from the date of concerned SLET result with required percentage of marks failing which they shall be treated as disqualified. Candidates are eligible to appear in the subject of their Post-graduation only. The candidates whose Post-graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects as appeared in item 5 (i) may appear in related subject.
- Candidates belonging to third gender in other words transgender would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fees, age and qualifying criteria as are available to SC/ST/PWD Category. The subject wise Cut-offs for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PWD/OBC (NCL) categories in the corresponding subject.
- The Ph.D degree holders whose Masters level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks. (i.e from 55% to 50% for appearing in SET.
- Candidates belonging to OBC (Non-creamy layer)/SC/ST/PWD category are required to attach copy of category certificate along with on-line printout of their Application Forms (obtaining while applying on-line). The Non-creamy layer certificate should be up to date. Other candidates are not required to submit any certificate/ documents in support of their eligibility along with print out of their Form. Therefore the candidates in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the Commission at any stage, Their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action. The certificates and mark-sheets will be verified at the time of issue of SET Certificates. Candidates without possessing reserved category certificates may appear as general category candidates. The validity term of OBC (NCL) certificate shall have to cover the filling-up forms by candidate.
- There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Asstt. Professors. Candidates who qualify in the Test are eligible to apply for the post of Asstt. Professor within the jurisdiction of the Member-States of this SLET Commission. They will be issued a Pass certificate and the validity period of the certificate is forever.
Age limit and number of chances
- There is no age limit.
- A candidate can avail any number of chances.
Category of Candidates Fees
- General Rs. 1200/-
- OBC (Non-creamy layer) Rs. 1050/- 3. SC/ST Rs. 1000/-
4. PWD Rs. 800/-
Change of Test Centres
Application for change of Test centre on plain paper will be received by the SLET Commission office within 07 (working) days of last date of submission of forms. The centre change fees is Rs. 300/- per candidate. The application for change of centre must be forwarded by the Co-ordinator of the original centre. along with the Centre change fee. No request for change of centre will be accepted by the SLET Commission after the specified date.
Read More Jobs:
All The Details About How To Apply, Qualifications, Vacancies Details explain in details in below please read carefully before apply for SET Examinations in Assam 2020
Selection Procedure of SET Examinations in Assam 2020
Selection Will Be through Interviews nad EXams
How to Apply/ Application Procedure
- Candidate seeking admission to the test must apply online through website www.sletneonline.co.in
- Before applying online, applicants should keep the scan copy of his/her certificates, passport sized coloured photograph and signature ready with duly attested and signed by the candidate.
- Duly attested M.A/ M.Sc./M.Com. certificate and Mark-sheet should be uploaded only along with the photograph and signature.
- Attested copy of SC/ST/OBC* along with non-creamy layer certificate / PWD category certificate, if applicable, from authorized person should be uploaded.
- The size of each of the scanned photo & signature should be within the range of 5 to 50kb and properly cropped.
- Before submitting the form, applicants will get a chance to modify his/her application detail. But after the final submission of application, applicants will not be able to edit the application.
- Once submitted, portal will generate a unique Application ID. The applicants are required to note down carefully the unique Application ID for all future references including Admit Card Downloaded.
- Once an applicant completes the application submission process, the applicant can print the Acknowledgement Slip for future reference.
- Once submitted, application will generate the bank Challan for fee payment. Candidate should download the challans and print it. (Candidate should visit the SBI bank branch carrying the challans for fee payment one day after application submission)
- Candidate claiming fee concession without attested valid SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy) PWD certificate will summarily be rejected.
- Persons authorised to issue the above OBC (Non-creamy)/Sc/ST/PWD certificates – Deputy – Commissioner, Addl. D.C., Revenue officer not below the rank of Tahsildar, any organisation authorised by the Govt.
- Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing in their Final or 4th Semester Master Degree examination should download the Attestation format from the link given in the homepage of the site. Candidate should fill-up the form and the same should be forwarded by the Head of the concerned department and upload the scan copy of it in the site.
Note* Please before apply please check the notification for confirmation and visit the official website for more information
govtjobvacancyAlways tries to give the Most recent Updated Job Notifications as well as the Most recent Job-Related Post. Follow our public Job Portal. Government’s latest work; Interview website for current work and mock Test.
Thank you Click on the official alert button to read the free notification message. Click on the Apply button below to apply for a job offer on the official website. Click the download button to see the official notification button.
Note: The above material SET Examinations in Assam 2020 is for informational purposes only. https://govtjobvacancy.in/ is not a recruitment agency or job Provider. https://govtjobvacancy.in/ is a media company that provides preliminary information about various recruits in India. Job seekers are asked to visit the official website of the organization/department for complete details and questions.
नोट: उपरोक्त सामग्री केवल सूचना के उद्देश्यों के लिए है। https://govtjobvacancy.in/ एक भर्ती एजेंसी या नौकरी प्रदाता नहीं है। https://govtjobvacancy.in/ एक मीडिया कंपनी है जो भारत में विभिन्न भर्तियों के बारे में प्रारंभिक जानकारी प्रदान करती है। नौकरी चाहने वालों को पूर्ण विवरण और प्रश्नों के लिए संगठन / विभाग की आधिकारिक वेबसाइट पर जाने के लिए कहा जाता है।